MEAL Internships at Save The Children, Kenya
Scope of Role: support in implementing the usage of a digital Partograph(labour monitoring tool) on Android based tablets, to help reduce the complications of labour, and better provide data for trackable labour. This will be done in conjunction with health care workers in Bungoma.
Reports to: MEAL Assistant
MEAL Internship Key Areas of Accountabilities
- Trouble shooting of Android and Windows PC based data collection software
- Compile data, clean, and ensure completeness of the data from a m-health tools
- Support the MEAL team feed the information to the log frame
- Training of the end users and staff on mobile based applications for health monitoring
- Support an effective scale up of a tested/piloted mobile system
- Create clean, easy to follow databases within existing Save the Children systems
- Provide weekly reports on program implementation, and assist in providing data for decision making
- Providing proper documentation on program implementation
Skills & Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities â€“ giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Qualifications & Experience for MEAL Internship
- Minimum of ICT/Computer science/database development diploma or an equivalent IT related certificate with emphasis on mobile computing.
- Minimum C+ in KCSE or equivalent
- Good understanding of android based devices.
- Database creation/management skills
- Experience with PCs in a Windows operating system, basic MS Office packages and web based applications.
- Experience in coordinated troubleshooting for technology related problems.
- Experience in tracking phone activities, deployment of phone applications, and uploading and downloading data in a web based environment is a plus.
- Experience with HMIS particularly labour monitoring.
- Has high-level communication skillsâ€™, including engaging and informative formal public speaking.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili (both spoken and written). Working knowledge of local language strongly preferred
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high standards for quality and consistently achieves project goals.
- Maintains and extends an effective network of individuals within the organisation and with government and development partners
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Proven ability to work as a team.
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â
- Kindly submit your Cv and Cover letter with a copy to [email protected]