FUNZOKenya is a USAID funded, IntraHealth International led project that aims to improve access to and quality of health workforce training by supporting an increased number of new health workers trained; supporting current health worker training needs; strengthening the capacity of training institutions and strengthening regulatory bodies to enhance training demand.
Working in close partnership with the Ministry of Health, County Health Departments, leading health training institutions in Kenya and the National Health Training Working Group among others, the Project aims to build responsive country-led training systems to improve health.
IntraHealth invites applications for the following positions in FUNZOKenya project.
Chief of Party
The Chief of Party is responsible for overall leadership and management of the FUNZOKenya Project for the next 18 months of the 5-year 2012-2016 project.
S/he is the principal liaison with USAID / Kenya. S/he will lead the FUNZOKenya partnership development on areas with senior government officials, donors and multilateral agencies.
S/he provides strategic guidance, vision and leadership to the entire FUNZOKenya program effort.
S/he works closely with and supervises project staff and ensures the integration of all technical areas and collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts.
S/he will oversees the project’s strategic planning functions and ensure proper implementation, a focus on results, and financial accountability for all project activities.
S/he is responsible for meeting financial and administrative obligations, producing field support deliverables, and achieving project results specified by USAID/Kenya.
S/he is responsible for maintaining communication and overseeing coordination with FUNZOKenya technical staff leading in-country core initiatives that are, integrated with field support technical agendas.
The position reports to the Country Director.
- Provide overall program vision and strategic leadership and management to achieve financial and contractual accountability and program results
- Direct the implementation of the project through effective team work and support supervision of technical teams, operations and consultants
- Lead the process and work collaboratively with the MoH and with USAID in developing and gaining approval for work plans and budgets for all country-level work.
- Supervise the implementation of all project activities, ensuring that performance schedules are observed and outputs are completed and delivered according to schedule and within budget.
- Ensure project compliance with all contractual and administrative requirements with support from Chapel Hill and operational /Finance teams.
- With support from Chapel Hill, lead the process of developing, monitoring and reporting on the results framework for the project.
- Coordinate and work closely with USAID/Kenya and keep them informed by tracking, coordinating and reporting information related to all project activities.
- Coordinate the development and submission of technical progress reports as well as financial reports in accordance with project procedures and standards.
- Develop and continuously improve high level stakeholder relationships with USAID/Kenya, MOH and the wider HRH stakeholder community in Kenya by gaining access, building credibility, and establishing trust.
- Represent FunzoKenya in all high level meetings as well as HRH-relevant policy and strategy exchanges in Kenya
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a master’s level education in a health related or management field
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience leading a similar large USAID or other donor project with minimum 12 years relevant working experience with strong technical, leadership, strategic and analytical skills.
- Previous experience working with national/county governments in the development and implementation of Human resources for health/training programs will be desirable.
- Demonstrated success in a managerial role of a comparable USAID program, managing professional and financial resources on a similar scale preferred with direct senior staff supervision
- Ability to interact productively and proactively with national government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, County Governments, USAID, private and FBO sector groups, training institutions and other donor organizations.
- Self-starter with competence to assess priorities and manage variety of complex activities in a time-sensitive / emergency environment, and meet competing deadlines.
- Business Acumen
- Client Relationship Management
- Strategic thinking: Applies organizational knowledge
- Effective communication (oral & Written)
- Organizational Stewardship
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package.
We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former employment
or lntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers.
Closing date for applications is August 31, 2015