IntraHealth International Inc. believes in a world where all people have an equal opportunity for health and wellbeing. We support health workers to succeed, improve policies and systems for a strong workforce that delivers health services to meet communities’ needs.
The USAID funded FUNZOKenya project aims to improve access to and quality of healthcare in Kenya by strengthening health training systems.
IntraHealth International is seeking to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Senior Procurement Officer, the Procurement Assistant will provide operational support to the procurement section.
S/he will work closely with the programs and Finance teams in the Country office.
- Analyze and reconcile supplier’s invoices for all ordered and supplied goods and services ensuring they are adequately supported and submitted to Finance for payment processing on a daily basis
- Receive participant listing from program teams and ensure they are reconciled and complete before attaching to invoices for payment
- Working closely with Finance, Senior Procurement Officer and Procurement Officer to seek out clarifications with suppliers on invoices
- Scan through the LPO book on a weekly basis to ensure that subsequent billings for all ordered goods and services are received on a timely manner
- Regularly follow up with suppliers to submit any outstanding invoices
- Post all issued LPOs into QuickBooks on a daily basis
- Receive goods from suppliers and verifying against the LPO in consultation with the users
- Ensure that ordered goods and services are provided satisfactorily in terms of quality, quantity and delivery and to advice on those suppliers who fail to meet specifications.
- Maintain an up to date and easily accessible filing system for all procurement documents
- Perform any other assigned duties.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Accounting, Business Management or Supply Chain Management or equivalent field.
- At least 3 years working experience in managing a busy procurement section
- Knowledge of donor requirements and/or international procurement best practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization
- Attention to details and understanding of suppliers payment cycles/procedures
- Effective communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments, Country offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply by sending your CV and cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is October 28, 2015.