IntraHealth International Inc. believes in a world where all people have an equal opportunity for health and wellbeing. We support health workers to succeed, improve policies and systems for a strong workforce that delivers health services to meet communities’ needs.
The USAID funded FUNZOKenya project aims to improve access to and quality of healthcare in Kenya by strengthening health training systems.
IntraHealth International is seeking to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Finance, Contracts and Grants Manager, the Project Accountant will undertake finance and accounting responsibilities involving but not limited to maintenance of accurate general ledger records and timely payment to staff and suppliers
S/he will be responsible for managing accountabilities for travel imprests in addition to overall monitoring of payables and receivables ledgers to ensure reconciled accurate balances are maintained at all times.
• Manage staff advances and accountability processes ensuring that activity advances are processed and accounted for as per policy; all records are input into the General Ledger in a timely and accurately manner and, ensure all amounts liquidated through travel advances are receipted and banked promptly
• Prepare, maintain and submit accurate reconciled M&IE analysis and receivables ageing report as required on a monthly basis.
• Manage the mobile money processing by preparing payment vouchers in support of payments for activity and travel advances
• Compile, analyze, code and post all transactions for travel and activity advances to the general ledger on a daily basis and not later than 24hrs following the payment date
• Assist in the month-end preparation and reporting tasks to ensure that reports are ready for HQ review by the 5th working day of each month
• Manage the duty and tax exemption process for qualifying VAT under USAID funded projects by ensuring that exemption applications (DA1 forms) are prepared in a timely, accurate and complete manner
• Provide support in the processing of Suppliers payments, Grants and Petty cash portfolio as required
Education and Experience
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field with a CPA (K)
• At Least 4 years working experience in busy accounting department.
• Experience with USAID rules & regulations in a donor funded organization
• Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft office packages
• Effective communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
• Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
• Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments, Country offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply by sending your CV and cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is October 28, 2015.