IntraHealth Jobs IT Officer
The IT Officer will be responsible for all the IT operations of the project including setting up and maintaining IT systems and providing hardware/ software support and IT training to staff in person and remotely.
IT Officer Job Responsibilities
- To provide technical support to physical, telephone and email requests from users for all PC hardware, software, phone systems and associated peripherals. To redirect or escalate support requests to the appropriate member of the IT Support Centre where matters cannot be resolved.
- Work closely with the IT team from Chapel Hill in managing and maintenance of network infrastructure. This will include network monitoring and trouble shooting, structured cabling, wireless network management, domain maintenance, network security and communication infrastructure management, for example phone system and liaising with service providers such as Safaricom
- To manage the help desk system and log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of common queries.
- Deploy PCs and software (e.g. operating systems and other desk top applications) and associated peripherals. This includes new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment.
- To maintain the existing PCs and peripherals to standards determined by the Team Leader, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- Work closely with the IT systems specialist as a means of self improvement and continuous learning
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software and perform periodic audits
- To assist in the compilation of the Support Centre’s technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are disseminated to users.
- Assist in the procurement of IT hardware and software in consultation with the IT specialists from Chapel Hill
- Build the capacity of end users through individual coaching and other mechanisms, for example, periodic tips and tricks. Includes support for online meetings, for example, video conferencing and Skype
- Access Environmental impacts and recommend control measures
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with staff and external partners
- To undertake such other work as may be assigned
Qualifications for the IT Officer Job
- At least a Bachelors degree in Information Technology
- An advanced diploma in computer operations or technology
- 3 years experience trouble shooting IT issues and providing excellent customer service
- Must possess working experience in NGOs set up
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize time and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Good organizational skills