The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya. The Authority invites applications for the following position:
Reporting to the Senior Officer, Investigations the selected candidate will be responsible for;
Responsibilities for the Investigations Internship
- Complaints management including receiving, recording and drafting both acknowledgment and close out letters to clients.
- Engaging with clients, market intermediaries and stakeholders on the alleged contraventions of the capital markets legal and regulatory framework.
- Conducting investigations in liaison with the Capital Markets Fraud Investigations unit.
- Preparing legal briefs and opinions.
- Assisting in the preparation of internal monthly reports and quarterly reports to the Commission on Administrative Justice.
- Drafting of policy guidelines on investigations and reviewing the current legal and regulatory framework.
- Assisting in undertaking investigations as part of fit and proper assessments.
- Attending Capital Markets Tribunal proceedings and preparing briefs on the hearing.
- Undertake other assignments as assigned from time to time
Qualifications for the Investigations Internship
- A holder of Bachelor’s degree in Law (LL.B) or a continuing student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Law,
- Criminology or Accounting or Kenya School of Law student
Key skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Good communication skills and teamwork;
- Proficiency in standard office IT application packagers as well as e-mail and internet
How to Apply
Please visit careers section on our website www.cma.or.ke and apply.Applications should be received on or before May 05, 2017 Note: Please upload a CV and one-page Cover Letter only at this stage. No certificates or other testimonials will be required until interview stage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. “Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.