Investigative Reporter Job At Standard Group
The Standard Group comprises, The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News, Radio
Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for highly motivated,
qualified, experienced and reputable individuals, to join their team.
The job holder will be expected to produce quality and credible investigative pieces and exposes
that are well researched and well balanced within set deadlines.
Investigative Reporter Job Responsibilities
- Taking notes, carrying out interviews, checking out facts and submitting stories within set deadlines during assignments;
- Researching and collecting background information required to make stories complete, topical, informative, credible and analytical and compliant with journalistic ethics;
- Writing and processing stories collected to ensure they are balanced, properly presented, free of
error and in line with laid down editorial policy and house style;
- Following news leads and maintaining close and effective contact with news sources;
- Informing the News Editor of work progress and any problems encountered and areas where assistance or facilitation to complete the assignment within deadline may be required;
- Identify areas of improvement/development in daily news reporting and making appropriate recommendations to the Editor;
- Follow up and write stories that will capture national attention and influence public policy;
- Ensuring there are no cases of libel and or defamation in stories filed to avoid legal suits.
Qualifications For Investigative Reporter Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a relevant field form a recognized institution
- 3 years’ relevant experience (experience as an investigative reporter will be an added advantage)
- Ability to deal with pressure and deliver within short deadlines
- Good team player
- Willingness to work long hours, weekends and holidays
How to Apply
Apply here not later than 28th August 2016.