Investment Analyst Job At Cytonn Investments
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and self-driven team player to join the team in the Investment Department.
Investment Analyst Job Purpose
The position will afford the individual a unique opportunity to participate in both a strong incentive structure and a clear path to a fulfilling career in Investments Management.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good analytical and quantitative reasoning
- Strong organizational and time management skills -ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated creativity & innovation in business
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload, work effectively under pressure in demanding environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, with exceptional skills in Microsoft excel
Investment Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Investment analysis on fixed income, equities, real estate and private equity
- Modelling, valuation and researching on companies and presenting them to investment to committee
- Analysing company accounts, profit and loss sheets and cash flow information on release of quarterly, half yearly and annual results
- Interpreting complicated financial information
- Writing financial and investment research summaries and topics for Cytonn weekly newsletter
- Regularly meeting with public companies’ top management
- Making informed recommendations from valuation and analysis of companies
- Keeping detailed knowledge about the Kenya micro and macroeconomic environment and financial markets up-to-date
Qualifications For Investment Analyst Job
- At least 2 years’ experience in an investment management environment
- Must have achieved at least a B+ or equivalent in high school
- A graduate degree, with a minimum 2nd Class, Upper Division in Accounting, Finance or a business related course
- Applicant required to be a candidate in the CFA program with a strong financial background.
Closing Date: July 1, 2016
How to Apply