Investments Associate Job at Cytonn Investments
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the high-growth East-African region.
We currently have over Kshs. 73 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate.
To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and self-driven team player to join the team in the Investment Department.
The position will afford the individual a unique opportunity to participate in both a strong incentive structure and a clear path to a fulfilling career in Investments Management.
Investments Associate Job Responsibilities:
- The Associate primary responsibility will be deal sourcing across specific target sectors for Cytonn which will include potential investments, acquisitions, analysis of potential exit opportunities, and the monitoring and management of current portfolio companies.
- Responsible for identifying and developing investment opportunities across the private equity line.
- Participate in all aspects of the transaction process including deal sourcing, industry research, financial modelling and valuation, preparing investment memoranda, due diligence and ongoing monitoring of portfolio companies.
- Leading and supervising the evaluation, valuation, pricing and negotiation of investment opportunities including the term sheet, due diligence investigations and transaction documents for investments for each investment under the supervision of the Head Private Equity, Real Estate.
- Support Deal Partners in conducting financial and operational due diligence on potential investments, including: sector reviews, macroeconomic and political risk analysis and capable of thorough desktop research using all relevant third party sources.
- Conduct financial modelling and analysis in MS Excel, including: design models; identify key drivers and build in sensitivities as appropriate; strong understanding of different valuation methodologies; and ability to identify relative defects and effectiveness of each valuation tool.
- Prepare presentations and information memos in MS Word and PowerPoint for a variety of purposes and end-users including Investment Committee and portfolio companies.
- Monitor and analyze portfolio company operations, track KPIs, conduct top-down industry research and develop suggestions to improve company competitive strategy or operations.
- Support the deal team in negotiating term sheets, key commercial points and legal documentation.
Experience Required for Investments Associate Job
- Minimum 5 years’ industry-related experience in private equity, investment banking, corporate finance, advisory, business development and/or consulting.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with international and/or pan-African deal-sourcing experience.
- Significant exposure to mergers & acquisitions and capital raisings.
- Previous exposure to transaction structuring, funding and execution in the financials, education and technology sectors
- Experience conducting company/industry analysis for investments.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- Innovative problem solver and very quick learner
- Resourceful and able to find and analyze information in a data-deficient environment
- Very strong teamwork and networking capabilities
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
Academic Criteria for Investments Associate Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, with a minimum of an Upper Second or equivalent.
- Candidate required to be a candidate in the CFA program with a strong accounting and financial background.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for finance – reviewing company financial statements.
- Excellent academic performance
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please visit the Careers page here and upload your application letter and current CV and a daytime contact on or before July1st, 2016 Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted