International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Vacancy No: IOMKE/SVN/043/2015
Position title: Data Processing Clerk
Position grade: G3
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration of Contract: 6 months, with possibility of extension
Seniority band: Band IV
Job family: Migration Health
Organizational unit: Migration Health Department
Position rated: Yes
Subject to rotation: No
Reporting directly to: Head of Data Processing and Mobile Unit
Overall supervision by: Regional Health Assessments Coordinator for Sub-Saharan Africa
Managerial responsibility: No
Directly reporting staff: n/a
Organizational Context and Scope: Under the overall supervision of the Regional Health Assessments Coordinator for Sub-Saharan Africa and the direct supervision of the Head of Data Processing and Mobile Unit, the incumbent will gather data, encode, maintain, update required information accurately in the MHD Databases, as well as generating reports and coordinating processes and procedures with relevant units within and outside MRF Nairobi.
In particular, he/she will carry out the following essential duties:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Print DS forms from either hard copies or on PDF for transmission for new approvals and re-medicals.
• Assist in data entry of DS forms including to MiMOSA when required.
• Data reconciliation, data quality control and timely reporting including CDC TB indicators for the TB Treatment Module.
• Encoding of data and information, update the PDMS database, and generate regular and ad-hoc reports
• Maintain and update the Incidents and Events Databases.
• Coordinate with responsible colleague the timely updating of the quality control of all X-ray re-reading reports in databases and generate monthly reports.
• Update MiMOSA for “mailout” of cleared DS forms that are returned to RSC and generate the related list
• To verify data entry of Canadian, Australian in eMedical and in MIMOSA.
• To enter data from all other resettlement countries including UK gateway and other resettlement countries in MIMOSA.
• To enter PDMS report in MIMOSA
• Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism
• Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
• Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
• Monitors own work to correct errors
• Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
• Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
• Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
• Contributes to colleagues’ learning
• Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
• Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
• Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
• Actively shares relevant information
• Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
• Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
• Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
• Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
• Convinces others to share resources
• Presents goals as shared interests
• Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
• Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
• Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
• Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
• Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
• Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
• Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
• Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
• Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
• Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
• Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
• Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
• Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
• Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
• Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
• Contributes to, and follows team objectives
• Gives credit where credit is due
• Seeks input and feedback from others
• Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
• Actively supports and implements final group decisions
• Takes joint responsibility for team’s work
• Learns about developments in available technology
• Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
• Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
• Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work.
• Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level
Education and Experience
• Secondary school diploma from an accredited educational institution. A Diploma in Information Technology will be desirable.
• At least 3 years of professional experience in data encoding and reporting, data capturing and data management especially in health/clinical setting.
• Knowledge in data processing and analysis especially SPSS, SQL and Access
• Knowledge of programming is an advantage
• Good writing skill desirable
• Good knowledge of IOM system (Mimosa) and other data management systems a plus.
• English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and CV including daytime telephone and e-mail address to:-
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Human Resources Department,
P.O. Box 55040 – 00200,
or send via e-mail to [email protected]
Closing Date: 22nd October, 2015
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted