International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Position Title: Finance Assistant
Vacancy No: IOMKE/SVN/062/2016
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: August 09, 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Regional Health Assessments Coordinator for Sub-Saharan Africa and the direct supervision of the National Migration Health Administration Officer, the incumbent will provide administrative and financial support to the Migration Health Division at IOM Nairobi in accordance with IOM rules and regulations, and project implementation guidelines
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the below listed tasks:-
- Liaise with MHD mobile mission Team on all TDY dates for further co-ordination with staff travel for ticket booking
- Assist in preparing Travel Authorizations (TA) for staff proceeding to TDY as well as external medical escorts, by using correct WBS and verifying staff have completed their security request clearance with UNDSS
- Assist in preparing payment summaries for medical service provider invoices in close coordination with the National Migration Health Administration Officer
- Assist in filing and managing the MHD library and ensuring documents are filed in systematic order with ease for retrieval.
- Assist Recoding of Journal vouchers for all telerad radiology quality assurance and quality control for the region
- Assist in monitoring project expenditure and commitments vs approved budget for all MHD self-payers projects and refugees’ projects in the region on monthly basis.
- Assist in monitoring of stock inventory for all medical supplies in co-ordination with MHAC Administrator to ensure re-order level is observed.
- Assist the National Migration Health Administration Officer in drafting budgets for refugee and self-payers program in the region
- Liaise with Finance and Procurement departments, follow up on all MHD procurement requests and ensure GRN are confirmed in good time to allow timely capturing of cost to the projects.
- Update Canadian warrants cost in mimosa in coordination with operations staff and MHAC Administrator related to health assessments of Canada-bound migrants for Kenya and the region.
- Follow up on all medical department TDY advances for expense claims and verify that they are cleared to the project one week after the TDY.
- In coordination with HR, receive and distribute staff contracts, time sheets, and other communications.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Head of Migration Health Programme Support Unit.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary school diploma from an accredited educational institution. Diploma in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent qualifications is an advantage.
- Holding CPA 2 (Having completed sections 1 to 4) or other relevant accounting qualifications
- At least 2 years of prior work experience in a busy administration and Finance office.
- Prior work experience in an international organization an added advantage.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience
Languages: Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Other: Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Human Resources Department,
P.O. Box 55040, 00200,
or send via e-mail to [email protected]t
Closing Date: 09 August, 2016
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.