- : Program Assistant (Data Analyst and Reporting) IOMRONBO/SVN/001/2016
- : Nairobi, Kenya
- : General Service Staff, Grade G5
- : Special Short Term Contract (9 Months, with possibility of extension)
- : As soon as possibleNovember 27, 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director and the Head of IOM Kenya Country office, and the direct supervision of the Regional Mixed Migration Project Coordinator, the incumbent will assist in the implementation of activities of the regional Mixed Migration Programme, and serve as focal point for reporting, administration, and finance.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the technical and administrative implementation of the Mixed Migration Programme;
- Provide support for the overall management and administration of the mixed migration programme including: awareness raising, outreach, advocacy, capacity building and regional cooperation finances, data, and progress reports;
- Maintain the project-related correspondence and progress, technical reports, visibility and communication material and other relevant background documents;
- Maintain updates and compiles project documentation, including payment request and similar routine project documentation both for the project and to assist the Project Officer in the commission of their duties;
- Establish linkages and liaison with partner agencies and ministries, relevant to the project as directed;
- Organize and arrange regional conferences and/or training sessions related to mixed migration;
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Prepare progress reports including financial reports on projects activities;
- Monitor status of project, compile, summarize and present information/data onactivities and produce reports on a regular basis;
- Assist in maintaining project administration systems as established by the project
officer, including support to field-based staff with administrative/finance/logistical
- Arrange departmental meetings, taking minutes in meetings and provide relevantdocumentation for the meetings;
- Prepare Travel Authorisations (TA)and follow up requests for security clearance forthe MM staff and external consultants as required;
- Follow up and/or prepare payment requests and purchase requisition forms (PRFs)for authorization and coordinate/follow up with COS and finance for payments;
13.Ensures and maintain log book for timely dispatch of Payment Requests and
Purchase requisitions form(PRFs) as directed;
- Request for project materials and equipment and follow up with the procurementoffice for delivery and ensure dispatch as required;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports financial and narrative;
- Support the development of data collection tools and methodologies;
- Design specific questionnaires for mixed migration research topics and issues;
- In collaboration with others, support the Migration Response Center Data CollectionSystem.
19.Identify, acquire, load, clean and manage data through tailored spreadsheets,
templates and databases including monitoring of the registration database;
- Analyse and resolve instances of data duplication or error;
- Transform, validate, and model data with the purpose of understanding the data bestsuited to address given questions;
- Explore and apply new data visualization techniques to increase insight and visibilityto data trends and associated policy-related opportunities, challenges and priorities;
- Develop comparatives graphs and reports informing OCVP comparative reports andtrend analysis;
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- First level Degree or Diploma in IT, Business Administration.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in related field
- Previous work experience with an International Organization and NGOs dealing withrefugees would be a strong advantage.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Hard working, good team player, dedicated, ability to monitor and follow up pendingmatters
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimum supervision
- IOM Functional competencies required: effective communicator, successfulnegotiator, creative analytical thinker. Active learner, team player and cross culturalfacilitator
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet applications, Microsoft Outlook,Access and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of mobile data collection especially ODK and KOBO
- Experience in using software programs such as Excel, STATA, SPSS and SAS fordata analysis;
- Basic knowledge of GIS tools and relational databases( e.g. SQL Server-Spatial); Experience
- Previous experience in relevant profession such as public information, administration, logistics, or project administration preferred.
- Previous experience with UN and International Agencies, International and Local NGOs preferred.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, especially MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.Languages
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of French and/or Arabic or Somalia is an advantage
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Client Orientation – Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Communication – Actively shares relevant information
- Creativity and Initiative – Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resources
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Professionalism – Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Technological Awareness – Learns about developments in available technology
- Resource Mobilization – Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.OtherAny offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here