Finance & Contracts Expert Assistant Jobs at IOM
Under the overall supervision of Finance & Contracts Expert, the Finance & Contracts Expert Assistant will perform the following tasks:
Finance & Contracts Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Facilitate the administration arrangements for the mission in close collaboration with the Finance & Contracts Expert;
- Ensure that briefings from IOM cover all areas relevant to the observers including the administration.
- Assist in the recruitment of local staff and prepare contracts/payroll according to IOM and EC regulations; goods receipt of purchased items, invoice verification and ensure proper archiving of financial or invoice related documentation.
- Assist in establishing smooth and transparent cooperation with mission experts.
- Assist in planning and organization of the deployment of the international staff and related disbursement of cash advances.
- She/he will participate in staff briefings, debriefings and team meetings as required and perform any other duties that may be required.
Qualifications for the Finance & Contracts Assistant Job
- A degree in Business Administration or related field.
- The candidate must have at least 3 years professional experience performing similar functions in an International Organization or NGO.
- The candidate must be willing to work flexible working hours and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent English communications skills are essential. Fluency in any other local language would be an asset.
- Proficiency in word processing and other Microsoft software required
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by email to [email protected] as soon as possible and latest by 10 June 2017, clearly stating the position VNE number.
Each application should include a CV and short application letter in English only, plus full contact details. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Immediate availability to start working is required.