Deputy Security Expert Assistant Jobs at IOM
Security Expert Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Support the (Deputy) Security Expert in his responsibility to establish appropriate safety and security arrangements for the mission and its mission members, and in providing instructions and guidance on the safety of EU observers.
- The assistant will support in establishing and maintaining working relations with relevant security personnel operating in the host country, such as security officers at the EU Delegation and Member States representations in the host country and the region, United Nations Security Officers, in particular UNDSS, and other diplomatic missions.
- Under the guidance of the Security Expert, the Security Expert Assistant will assist in analysing the risk, security procedures and evacuations overall context in Kenya with particular emphasis on the electoral process.
Qualifications for the Security Expert Assistant Job
- Military / Police background or any related field and three years of working knowledge with International NGOs.
- Candidates should demonstrate experience and interest in information gathering, risk analysis, advising procedures, contacts with the Security authorities and report writing.
- The Security Expert Assistant should therefore have good analytical and drafting skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to work long hours and have good security knowledge of the country.
- Excellent English communications skills are essential.
- Fluency in any other local language would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by email to [email protected] as soon as possible and latest by 10 June 2017, clearly stating the position VNE number.
Each application should include a CV and short application letter in English only, plus full contact details. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Immediate availability to start working is required.