Liaison Officer Assistant Jobs at IOM
Under the overall supervision of the Liaison Officer, the Liaison Officer Assistant will support the Liaison Officer in conducting its field activities under the guidance and instructions set by the Operations Expert and Security Expert.
Liaison Officer Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Establishing contacts with local authorities at capital level and in all regional capitals
- Coordinate with national authorities (police, army, civil society, MPs, district level, mayors of communes, or others)
- Closely monitor security/safety risks associated with observer deployment at the local level; which may involve travel around the country.
- Arrange for operational requirements at field level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be available for extensive field deployment assignments.
Qualifications for the Liaison Officer Assistant Job
- A degree or appropriate higher education qualification and
- Relevant experience of 3 years (preferably in International NGOs or International Organizations). Excellent
- English communications skills are essential.
- Fluency in any other local language would be an asset.
- Proficiency in word processing and other Microsoft software required.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by email to [email protected] as soon as possible and latest by 10 June 2017, clearly stating the position VNE number.
Each application should include a CV and short application letter in English only, plus full contact details. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Immediate availability to start working is required.