Vacancy Number : SVN/IOMSO/075/2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Grants Assistant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Public Administration, Business management or a related discipline with minimum 3 (three years relevant work experience)
- Completed High School degree with five years relevant experience
- Minimum three years of relevant working experience in Grants management, preferably in an international or non-profit environment;
- Experience in one of the organizations of the UN Common System and field experience are a distinct advantage.
- Have relevant training and field experience, specifically in OTI and IOM Grant systems.
- Knowledge of IOM Grants management systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage, including that of database administration.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyse and interpret source information and data.
- High level of computer literacy is required, particularly in OTIs online database OTI-Anywhere.
- Good knowledge of MS office, specifically MS Excel.
- Good communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking
- Experience in project support and information gathering.
- Ability to lead, coach and work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 8th August 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.