Vacancy No IOMKE/SVN/060/2016
Duty Station : Nairobi, Kenya
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental
partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
Programme Assisatnt Job Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and logistical assistance in the implementation of the project.
- Assist the project managers in drafting and compiling project and financial documents and donor reports, as required.
- Assist in organizing training/workshop for the project.
- Assist in liaising with the government partners and local authorities on the implementation of the projects.
- Provide administrative assistance to information management on project related activities including project awareness raising and visibility; regular project updates, summaries, press releases and other relevant materials, in coordination with the donor
and IOM’s Public Information Unit. Respond to any ad hoc information requests from the Government, UN partners, donors, Regional Offices and Headquarters.
- Attend and track internal and external meeting as maybe authorized by the supervisor.
- Undertake duty travel, as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience for Program Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences and any other related field with two years experience.
- Completed Secondary school with Diploma in Business Administration and/or Social Sciences, International Relations with four years’ experience.
- Previous experience in project implementation including administrative and budgetary aspects as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Previous experience in the private sector or in a UN agency, non-governmental organization, or international organization is required.
- Prior experience in accounting an advantage.
- Prior experience in usage of SAP an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word etc.) and experience in working with databases and online applications is required.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Client Orientation – Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Continuous Learning – Demonstrates interests in improving relevant skills
- Communication – clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on changing priorities and procedures
- Creativity and Initiative – proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – convinces others to share resources
- Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Professionalism – Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Technological Awareness – Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to: International Organization for Migration (IOM), Human Resources Department, send via e-mail to email@example.com Closing Date: 28 July, 2016