IOM NGO Resource Management Officer Job in Kenya
Position Title: Resource Management Officer
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 03 September 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental,intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
2.Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia
(Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho,
Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives,
Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles,
Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and
Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the EUTF Programme Coordinator and in collaboration withrelevant units at Headquarters (HQs), Administrative Centres (MAC and PAC) and the IOM Regional Office in Nairobi the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the administrative and financial functions of the Regional European Union Trust Fund (EUTF) Programme Coordination Unit, Kenya.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and overseeing the financial management for all activities of the EUTF Programme Coordination Unit including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; and undertake preliminary financial analysis of all activities for Implementing Missions (Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, and Sudan).
- Provide input for donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
- Review Assets and other financial reports prepared by Implementing Missions, bring issues or anomalies to the attention of the supervisor, and provide information and guidance to Implementing Missions on the appropriate application of internal controls and processes.
- Under guidance from the RRMO and jointly with the Implementing Missions prepare programme budget revisions for submission to donor.
- Regularly review SAP postings done by Implementing Missions and provide guidance on corrections/adjustments if necessary.
- Draft requests for funding instalments to the donor and verify that funding is received in accordance with donor agreement.
- Monitor budget control and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures based on the donor agreement.
- Inspect payroll versus implementing missions’ EUTF budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to project and consistent with IOM‘s projectization criteria.
- When necessary, undertake travel to Implementing Missions to assist Resource Managementteams in the field and to provide guidance on the application of IOM rules and regulations and that donor requirements are followed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration or arelated field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA),
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified
Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in management, humanitarian and complex project implementation, liaison with governments and international agencies;
- Practical experience in IOM administrative and financial management, budget monitoring, cash
management and internal control procedures; knowledge of IOM finance, procurement and HR
procedures and rules;
- Experience in providing direct assistance or definitive hands-on experience with refugees,asylum seekers and other beneficiaries;
- Experience with project implementation, scheduling and deployment of resources;management experience in the field of humanitarian assistance;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular, experience in computerized accounting systems and software; knowledge of MS Office specifically EXCEL; knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures (SAP a distinct advantage);
- Previous work experience in the region an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Accountability –takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation –works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning –promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication –listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative –actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation –develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management –identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork –contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs,perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 03 September 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 21.08.2017 to 03.09.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/184 (P) – Resource Management Officer (P2) – Nairobi, Kenya (55152627) Released
Posting: Posting NC55152632 (55152632) Released