International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Vacancy No: IOMKE/SVN/045/2015
Position title: Senior Customer Care Assistant
Position grade: G5
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration of Contract: 6 months with possibility of extension
Seniority band: Band III
Subject to rotation: No
Reporting directly to: Head Migration Health Assessment Center
- Organize the Customer Care Assistants Rota and allocation to various duties in the unit as well as actively participate in day to day scheduling.
- Provide accurate information and answers to telephone or walk-in queries from applicants regarding their schedules and directing them, as required.
- Supervise and mentor the work of the Customer Care Assistants in compliance to the Customer Care SOPs and WEB MIMOSA Scheduling module requirement by using key performance indicators including SES.
- Coordinate with the Data Processing Assistants, Nurses and Counselors as per the directives in order to achieve delightful customer care experience for migrants.
- Assist in analysis of various tools pertaining to migrant flow and satisfaction in MHAC – including active monitoring of scheduling trends
- Assist in triaging the priority appointment schedules and development of a fast track processing system for migrants requesting executive service.
- Ensure that reception area is well organized and presentable at all times.
- Assist in improving the integrity of customer care work by proposing key fraud prevention measures based on the principle of 1st come 1st Served.
- Any other related duties, which may be assigned by the Head Migration Health Assessment Center.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Keeps clients informed of developments and setbacks
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones
- Persuades others to consider new ideas
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Actively identifies opportunities for and promotes organizational change
- Articulates vision to motivate colleagues and follows through with commitments
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
- Identifies ways for their staff to develop their abilities and careers
- Holds directly reporting managers accountable for providing fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals
- Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team’s work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
- Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work
- A Diploma/Degree in Customer Care/Secretarial Studies or related area.
- At least 5 years of experience in private sector/UN agencies/NGOs/IOs
- Previous work experience in a hospital setting/medical institution dealing with migrants is an added advantage.
- Previous customer service experience desired.