Field Officer Jobs at Innovations for Poverty Action, Kenya
About Innovations for Poverty Action: is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. In close partnership with decision makers — the policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors working with the poor around the world — IPA designs and evaluates potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations, the most rigorous evaluation method available.
- Successful applicants will initially be hired for one month on a casual basis. Those who demonstrate consistent exceptional abilities and performance may be considered for a longer term placement with the same project.
Field Officer Job Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities in Kenya
- Arrive at work on time
- Complete scheduled activities each day in a timely manner
- Demonstrate integrity and understanding during interaction with community members and partner organization staff
- On non-field days, perform office duties with care (for instance translation work, which will be taught as needed)
- Assist in daily survey organization and storage
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection
- Administer household surveys
- Provide the FM with daily feedback regarding surveying activities
Qualifications for Field Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Kiswahili and Luo.
- Experience with data collection through market surveys, household surveys, academic tests, exit interviews, focus groups or observations
- Ability to recognize when questions are difficult or unclear to subjects
- Excellent note taking ability during interviews
- Comfortable with interviewing individuals within their homes and over the phone.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (mandatory)
- Ability to comfortably work with groups and within groups
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma in social sciences, health and /or business administration
- Past experience in data collection
- Experience in data collection using SurveyCTO or Open Data Kit (ODK)
How to Apply
- To apply: Please send a cover letter and detailed CV, 3 references, daytime phone number(s), and email address. Your CV should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience.
- Applications must be submitted ONLY by email to [email protected] , please ensure that the subject line reads: “Field Officer” REF NO. Aspirations: 2016-03-01.