Commitment: 10 weeks
IPA Rwanda is launching a study of entrepreneurship in the country in fall 2015 to focus on the impact of an innovative ICT tool on entrepreneurs and their businesses. For this, we will be speaking with entrepreneurs in and near Kigali and training them on the use of this tool. Following this, the project will be working closely with entrepreneurs to understand what impact, if any, the tool has on their businesses, their profitability and their growth.
The intern for this project will have an opportunity to support in the ongoing data collection surrounding these entrepreneurs, will manage the data itself and will lead in the monitoring of this data. During the course of this internship, the project will be conducting its screening survey with entrepreneurs in order to create the study’s sample. This screening survey will require enumerators to locate entrepreneurs, inform them about the ICT tool and to conduct a survey with the entrepreneur to better understand the entrepreneur and their business. The results of this survey will be used in the random selection for the study’s sample. The intern will work closely will field staff involved in this data collection, assist in the training for this work and will be responsible for managing and monitoring the incoming data.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields
- Master’s degree preferred
- Advanced Stata skills (or other data analysis software)
- Experience with data management
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and a team player
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials is preferred
- Experience living in a developing country is a plus
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
- Attachments: Please attach your resume and cover letter.
- In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: IPA Rwanda, Entrepreneurship Intern