Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
General Equilibrium Effects in Kenya (Equilibrium Effects)
Position: Office Assistant
Start Date: 1st October 2015
Eligibility: Position open to local hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
In close partnership with decision makers – the policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors working with the poor around the world – we design and evaluate potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations, the most rigorous evaluation method available.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
Job Purpose: To work with the Field Managers and Administrative Assistant in ensuring that the Siaya Office operates smoothly.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
General office tasks:
- Opening the office in the morning
- Coordinating and ensuring office cleanliness at all times
- Prepare tea for the office
- Ensuring that drinking water is available at the office at all times
- Be present at the reception when necessary, receive guests at the office
- Conduct security checks each morning when opening the office and give a report
- Offer messenger services when required, including post office visits
- Responsible for reporting any breakages or damages in the office that require fixing, and ensuring that this has been fixed within reasonable time.
- Ordering and shopping for office supplies for the office, including cleaning items, tea supplies and others, through process maker
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders and stocking items
- Actively involved in accurate supplies project reallocations on a monthly basis
- Ordering Supplies for the projects
Other Office Tasks:
- Assisting in facilitating events and training logistics
- Printing, Binding and laminating documents
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic computer knowledge and able to use Microsoft office and excel
- Results oriented person
- Proven organizational and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment in the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Honest and reliable
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Certificate/ Diploma in any related field
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, 3 references, daytime phone number(s), and email address.
Your CV should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience.
Applications can be submitted to any of our branch offices, or by email to [email protected] ,if you submit by email, please ensure that the subject line reads: “OFFICE ASSISTANT REF NO: GE EFFECTS-2015-09-01”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a ROLLING BASIS.
Deadline to Apply: 18th September 2015
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Office Assistant. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to [email protected]