Senior Clerical Officer Jobs at The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (3 Positions)
IPOA GRADE 7
Location: Mombasa, Kisumu Or Garissa Regional
Consolidated Salary Kes.64,500-97,500)
Reports to the In-charge of the regional Office.
Clerical Officer Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifying compiled statistical records for accuracy;
- Processing of personnel statistics/accounting transaction;
- Ensuring maintenance of efficient filing system;
- Safe custody of invoices, receipts, loan records and related records;
- Maintaining statistical records based on routine or special sources of information;
- Drafting routine correspondences; and
- Mentoring and guiding other clerical officers.
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Required Functional Skills for the Clerical Officer Job
- Served in the grade of Clerical Officer I for a minimum period of three (3) years at IPOA or our (4) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public or Private Sector;
- Passed either CPA Part 2, Kenya Accountants and Technicians
- Certificate (KATC) intermediate level, Kenya Administration and Management Examination (KAME), offered by Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examination Board (KASNEB), Certificate in
Human Resource/Personnel Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Required Behavioural Skills
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrate high ethical standards.
All applicants must attach clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
- Interested persons who meet the above criteria are invited to send their applications by submitting the duly completed IPOA job application Form found on the Authority’s website; www.ipoa.go.ke, updated CV, academic certificates, testimonials and the above specified clearances. Online applications should be sent to [email protected] Canvassing and incomplete applications may lead to automatic disqualification. Applications in a sealed envelope with the job reference number clearly marked should be received by the undersigned on or before Friday, 9th December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants must note that they may be posted to serve in any part of the country.
- The Chief Executive Officer Independent Policing Oversight Authority P.O Box 23035-00100 Nairobi.
- IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.