Senior Risk & Audit Officer Job at IPOA, Kenya
The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, which provides for civilian oversight over the work of the police. IPOA is mandated to hold the police accountable to the public in the performance of their functions.
To enable the Authority achieve its mandate and vision for “a robust civilian accountability mechanism that promotes public trust and confidence in the National Police Service”, the Authority wishes to recruit results oriented Kenyans citizen with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following positions:
Senior Risk & Audit Officer, IPOA/HR/07/2016;
IPOA GRADE 5
Reports to the Head, Risk and Audit.
Risk & Audit Job Description
Duties and responsibilities at this position will include:-
- Providing inputs and proposals for the update of standards, procedures and guidelines for internal audit in the organization;
- Conducting audits of IPOA operations as per the approved risk based audit plan;
- Conducting follow up audits;
- Verifying the existence and safety of the Authority’s assets;
- Preparing draft internal audit reports for presentation to Management;
- Carrying out continuous risk assessment and evaluation;
- Assisting in the implementation of the IPOA risk management framework;
Specifications for Risk & Audit Job
For appointment at this level an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of Risk & Audit Officer, for a minimum period of three (3) years or six (6) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public or Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Commerce (Finance or Accounting Option), Business Administration (Accounting Option), Information Technology; or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Passed part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Kenya examination or equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
- A certificate in computer application skills; and
- Shown merit, integrity and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
All applicants MUST attach clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria are invited to view detailed job descriptions at www.ipoa.go.ke under careers and send their applications by submitting the duly completed IPOA job application Form found at the
Authority’s website; www.ipoa.go.ke, updated CV, academic certificates, testimonials and the above specified clearances. Canvassing and incomplete applications may lead to automatic disqualification. Applications in a sealed envelope with the job reference number clearly marked should be received by the undersigned on or before Friday, 27th May 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Independent Policing Oversight Authority
P.O Box 23035-00100