Industrial Promotion Services (IPS) is a large development Institution with International affiliations and wide ranging investments in a significant number of developing countries.
IPS Companies embrace the most suitable and advanced production technologies across a wide range of projects mainly in the following sectors – Food and Agro Processing, Printing and Packaging, Specialized Textiles, Leather, Pharmaceuticals and Infrastructure.
IPS project companies are spread in countries in the East African Community as well as Mozambique, D R Congo and Madagascar.
IPS Kenya Ltd with its Headquarters in Nairobi seeks to fill in the following position:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate company’s internal controls, processes, policies and procedures to ensure that they are adequate, effective and in compliance with regulatory principles, industry standards and corporate guidelines; give recommendations on improvement and monitor implementation.
- Carrying out risk based audit reviews to assess the effectiveness of risk management and the adequacy of internal controls;
- Ascertain the effectiveness with which the company’s assets are accounted for and safeguarded from all kinds of losses;
- Carrying out periodic spot checks on processes and records for selected high risk operating functions;
- Coordinating the documentation and revision of standard operating procedures with key emphasis on the adequacy of controls;
- Document results of audit fieldwork and drafting of internal audit reports;
- Carrying out special audits or investigations as may be required from time to time;
- Follow up reviews and assess implementation of management action plans to address internal control deficiencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- A Business related bachelors degree; plus a professional qualification in Accounting preferably CPA (K) or ACCA;
- Minimum 3 years Auditing Experience;
- Work experience in manufacturing environment or a reputable audit firm is an added advantage;
- Computer literate with hands on experience in use of an Enterprise Resource Planning tool; (ERP);
- Certification in CIA or CISA will be an added advantage;
- Conversant with Computer Aided Audit Techniques (CAATs).
- High level of confidentiality, integrity and self discipline;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Analytical thinking with good conceptual skills;
- Strong time-management and organization skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Flexible and willing to travel on short notice.
How to Apply
If you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate how you meet the qualifications, submit your application and detailed CV indicating current position, remuneration, qualifications and names and addresses of three references, to reach us not later than Monday, August 31st, 2015.
Apply by Email ONLY to [email protected] indicating the position you are applying for, on the subject line.
Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.