Security Officer Kenya Job At IPS
We are seeking applications from qualified candidates to fill the position mentioned below:
Security Officer Job Purpose
- Responsible for developing / maintaining proactive security strategies to protect company employees and assets by identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining Security Processes, Protocols and Programs to reduce risk, respond to incidents, and limit exposure.
Security Officer Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Coordinates and manages implemented security measures on a day to day basis, including overseeing of compliance of Guards with established company policies and standards.
- Conducts risk assessment programs and Security Audits on a regular basis to assess the organization’s security position with a view of instituting improvements where necessary.
- Coordinates and manages outer and inner layers of protection.
- Coordinates and manages physical security of all facilities and personnel in the business including conducting security vulnerability assessments.
- Coordinates and manages Access Control systems.
- Creates, and drives proactive security programs, with stakeholders, to ensure the continued safe and effective operations of the companies.
- Communicates the risks to the Senior Management and provides appropriate advice.
- Prepares high quality reports including intelligence briefing, threats assessments and investigative reports.
- Proactively leads security initiatives and draw in and coordinates other necessary contributors.
- Investigates and establishes root causes of all security incidents/breaches and implementing long term measures to avoid recurrence.
- Conducts and manages internal and external investigations in conjunction with other business functions and Law Enforcement authorities.
- Builds up an effective internal and external (Law Enforcement, Government) network of contacts to assist with the protection of the business and support Law Enforcement as required.
Qualifications For Security Officer Jobs In Kenya
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Security Management, Criminology or a related field.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a similar position and business environment.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in threat analysis and developing risk analysis.
- Experience in evaluating and implementing physical asset protection and conducting site surveys
- Conducting and managing complex investigations, i.e. fraud allegations, criminal and civil investigations;
- conducting witness, victim, and suspect interviews experience.
- Be able to prepare documentation for corporate leadership.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission and Code of Conduct of the company.
- Well networked in the security industry.
- Results driven with a strong desire to succeed.
How to Apply
- Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to the, Head of Human Resources, Industrial Promotions Services P. O. Box 30500-00100, NAIROBI or by email to email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org.