Vacancy: Consulting Manager, Sub Saharan Africa
Summary: Ipsos is a world-leading research company operating in more than 80 countries and provides research services and strategic insight to the world’s largest corporations and many public sector organizations.
In Kenya, Ipsos is especially active in the media, communications and technology, public affairs and marketing research areas.
Ipsos Business Consulting, a leader in fact-based business consulting, is trusted by top businesses, Government sectors and institutions worldwide.
They support domestic and international organizations or businesses using our fact-based market analysis as they endeavor to build, compete, and grow in emerging and developed markets globally.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Head – Sub-Saharan Africa the Consulting Manager will be expected to play a central role in the ongoing development of our business within South Africa.
You will work very closely with the Head-SSA for Business Consulting in all aspects of business development, project execution and team management in South Africa.
Capable of taking the lead and direct a wide range of assignments and will enjoy managing client relations on a day-to-day basis.
Expected to adopt a leadership role, you will assist with development of strategies for the growth of the business, and work on developing and managing a team that provides work of the highest quality to clients.
You will want to be a central figure in the continued growth and development of the Business Consulting practice in SSA.
- Working closely with the Head-SSA to identify new business opportunities and taking a lead on business development efforts to translate these new opportunities into sales revenues, new projects and client accounts
- Providing advice/ recommendations on project focus to potential clients
- Preparing compelling proposals and presenting these to clients
- Acting as the Key Account Manager on selected SSA client accounts
- Leading project teams in successful project implementation and delivery of findings to the client
- Providing sound consultancy advice and recommendations on projects;
- Assisting the SSA Manager on matters of client liaison and taking responsibility for day-to-day client management
- Monitoring and controlling delivery standards to clients
- Directly managing and overseeing project execution and delivery
- Working with the Head-SSA to build solid client relationships that help towards the retention and growth of client accounts
- Managing staff and team performance
- Managing the use of external contractors
Education, skills and competencies
- Masters degree & a relevant Bachelors qualification
- At least 8 years of experience in client facing role or consulting environment
- Extensive experience working within a B-to-B industry sector would be required, preferably in agribusiness, automotive, construction, energy, healthcare or industrial manufacturing
- Successful track record in building lasting client relationships
- A solid understanding of business strategy, product marketing, and the role of innovation in today’s business climate
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to write and present compelling proposals in English as well as local dialects is preferable/essential;
- Ability to understand and discuss a wide range of business issues and strategies and deliver innovative solutions to clients
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to draw insights on an industry or market/data trends
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated skills in strategic selling and business development
- Prior experience and demonstrable skills in team building and people management;
- Ability to work in and manage a cross-functional project team across various parts of the organization
How to Apply
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a day time phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 9th October, 2015
Adept Systems Management Consultants P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100 Email: [email protected] Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.