Financial Analyst Jobs at IRA
Grade IRA 8
The Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) is a State Corporation set up under the Insurance Act Cap 487 to regulate, supervise and develop the insurance sector in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking applications for the following vacant position
Responsible for analyzing data and identifying underlying trends from the Insurance Industry and preparing reports required for industry supervision.
Financial Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Analysing and Interpreting Financial Reports
- Analyze and interpret financial statements, notes to the financial statements and returns received from the insurance industry;
- Systematically analyze financial statements and returns with a view to calculate various ratios, trends, forecasts and assessing them against the industry benchmarks periodically;
- Evaluate financial statements and returns to ensure disclosures;
- Receive, analyze and report on the industry monthly summary of claims returns to determine claims movement in the industry;
- Analysis and interpretation of monthly premium levy returns submitted by the insurance industry players and preparation of periodic reports;
- Analysis of monthly summary of claims to determine claims movement in the insurance industry;
- Prepare periodic reports on performance, trends analysis and forecasting of insurance companies and insurance intermediaries;
- Identify, monitor, and analyse market, financial developments and other market environmental factors so as to identify underlying trends for supervision purposes.
- Participate in the preparation of the insurance industry annual report;
- Developing and updating various performance indicators and industry benchmarks & averages.
Qualifications for the Financial Analyst Job
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, actuarial, statistics, accounting or economics;
- Professional qualification, e.g. CFA, CPA (K), CSIA or Actuarial science; and
- Proficiency in ICT
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field will be an added
- One (1) year experience in Financial Analysis;
- Experience in preparation of analytical and numerical reports; and
- Experience analysing financial and statistical reports.
- Strong communication and reporting skills;
- Strong organization and inter personal skills; and
- Good analytical and presentation skills
- Ethical and integrity;
- Strategic thinking; and
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the job requirements given, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your certificates and testimonials by 28th April 2017
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority Zep-Re Place
P.O Box 43505-00100
Email: [email protected]