ICT Officer – Database Administrator Jobs at IRA
The Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) is a State Corporation set up under the Insurance Act Cap 487 to regulate, supervise and develop the insurance sector in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking applications for the following vacant position
Grade IRA 6
Responsible for the administration, performance tuning, capacity planning, management and support of the Authority’s database systems.
The DBA will also be responsible for ensuring that integrity and consistency of the databases is maintained at all times.
Database Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Database administration and support including backup/recovery and maintenance;
- Supporting the development and deployment, system testing, user acceptance, training and production database environment;
- Ensure availability of all databases at all times and
- Ensure security standards for databases and data integrity are adhered to at all times;
- Receive and conclusively resolve all database related incidents in a timely manner;
- Identify and implement Best Practices in database administration;
- Design and develop Business Continuity Plans and High
- Availability solutions for critical systems in order to achieve zero downtime during maintenance and failures;
- Assist the ICT team in hardware and support requirements for database administration;
- Develop retention policies and architecture for all databases;
- Ensure optimal performance of all systems is maintained by way
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system and recommend upgrades to the database server(s) and DBMS;
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users;
- Undertake back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users;
- Plan for backup and recovery of database information.
Qualifications for the Database Administrator Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field; and
- Professional qualifications in database administration such as MCDBA
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Six (6) years’ experience in a similar position;
- Specialist knowledge and diverse experience in database administration;
- Experience in ICT hardware and software maintenance.
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills; and
- Strong organization and inter personal skills.
- Ethical and integrity;
- Strategic thinking; and
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the job requirements given, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your certificates and testimonials by 28th April 2017
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority Zep-Re Place
P.O Box 43505-00100
Email: [email protected]