Internal Audit & Risk Management Officer Jobs at KIRA
The Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) is a State Corporation set up under the Insurance Act Cap 487 to regulate, supervise and develop the insurance sector in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking applications for the following vacant position
Grade IRA 6
Responsible to the Head of Internal Audit and Risk Management for undertaking independent, value-adding and objective assessments aiming to improve operational efficiency, risk management, internal controls system and governance processes
Internal Audit & Risk Management Officer Job Responsibilities
- Internal audit and risk management
- Conduct audits of assigned Authority functions in line with the audit work plan
- Review the application and effectiveness of risk management procedures to ensure that the Authority’s interests are safeguarded against all risks.
- Prepare assignment reports in accordance with professional standards for review by the Head, Internal Audit& Risk Management.
- Evaluate progress and effectiveness of action taken to implement audit recommendations received from internal and external audits.
- Review the progress made in achieving performance contract objectives
- Coordinate risk management activities and prepare progress reports on a quarterly basis.
- Any other duties that may be allocated by the supervisor
Qualifications for the Internal Audit & Risk Management Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or degree in a Business related field;
- Professional qualification like CIA/ CPA/ CISA/Risk Management related certifications or equivalent;
- Proficiency in ICT
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Six (6) years internal or external audit experience gained from reputable organizations; and
- Experience in carrying out performance and value for money audits
- Experience in carrying out risk assessments
- Strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Good communication and reporting skills; and
- Strong organization and inter personal skill
- Ethical and integrity;
- Team player; and
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the job requirements given, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your certificates and testimonials by 28th April 2017
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority Zep-Re Place
P.O Box 43505-00100
Email: [email protected]