Librarian & Resource Centre Officer Jobs at IRA
The Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) is a State Corporation set up under the Insurance Act Cap 487 to regulate, supervise and develop the insurance sector in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking applications for the following vacant position
Grade IRA 6
Responsible for developing, planning and implementing effective knowledge management programs and activities and managing the Authority’s resource center/library.
Librarian & Resource Centre Officer Job Responsibilities
- Library Management and Administration
- Manage the Authority’s Resource Centre and coordination of library activities
- Facilitate ordering and purchasing of library books, information materials and stationery
- Perform original cataloguing and classification of print, audio-visual and electronic resources and determine the type of cataloguing required
- Develop and maintain special indexing systems and files for special collections
- Ensure an accurate inventory of resources and efficient retrieval of library resources by users
- Maintain library records using file index and inventory movement register
- Prepare worn out library materials for binding and ensure compliance on disposal and destruction procedures as provided by the Government Policy and procedures
- Creating avenues for exchange of information, converting data into valuable information and ensuring its accessibility and usage.
- Develop mechanisms for leveraging on existing knowledge within the Authority
- Dissemination of knowledge and responding to queries on Knowledge Management tools and resources.
- Develop and manage convenient, accessible library and information services
- Prepare reports related to library and information services, technology and media services, resources and activities.
- Ensure the Library is cleaned and fumigated regularly to rid of dust and pests that can destroy learning materials and records
Qualifications for the Librarian & Resource Centre Officer Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Sciences or a Bachelor of Library & Information Sciences or a degree in a relevant field;
- Knowledge of ICT
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Six (6) years records management experience gained from reputable organizations;
- Good experience in archiving and database management.
- Good communication and reporting skills;
- Good organization and inter personal skills;
- Good team work skills; and
- Good supervisory skills
- Ethical and integrity; and
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the job requirements given, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your certificates and testimonials by 28th April 2017
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority Zep-Re Place
P.O Box 43505-00100
Email: [email protected]