Job location: Kakuma
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents.
In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The purpose of the Field Office Coordinator is to run the day to day support functions at a field office.
The Field Office Coordinator will be reporting to the Consortium Manager.
- Manage day to day HR & Admin, finance, logistics and security tasks of the field office
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, procedures and SOPs/guidelines
- Ensure adherence to Security and Risk Management policy and procedures
- Coordinate and assist with budgets and costs for the field office’s shared costs and support functions
- Provide support in the training and development of staff
- Provide support to project implementation at field office level
- Coordinate representation meetings with the UN, partners and authorities
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Under the supervision of the Consortium Manager he / she oversees SPARK Consortium programme and operations in Kakuma and Kalobeyei in accordance with NRC strategy and mandate.
- Mentor, monitor and coordinate implementing partners in Kakuma to ensure that the consortium partners operate in line with the implementation plan and the established standards.
- Coordinate information and communication among Consortium Partners and with the Consortium Management Unit.
- Closely work with monitoring and evaluation team to monitor on the implementation progress of the project activities.
- Coordinate cross cutting activities between the partners (assessments, data collection, meetings, reports).
- In coordination with the Consortium Manager and the Area Mangers of the partners represent the consortium in external meetings providing timely feedback reports to Area Manager and Consortium Manager
- Submit monthly progress report on SPARK activities to Consortium Manager.
- Travel as dictated by the needs of the programme, security and staff
- Undertake other tasks allocated by the Consortium Manager
- University degree preferably in development studies, community development, economic and other social sciences
- At least three years of working experience in field offices and teams coordination
- Experience working with Non-Governmental organizations,
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training
- Strong in managing difficulties and challenges mainly from the local actors
- Understanding of conflict sensitivity, protection and do no harm
- Computer skills
- People-centred management skills
- Desirable local language skills
- Social science
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing resources to optimize results
Duty station: Kakuma, Kenya
Contract duration: 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary / benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for NRC Kenya.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Finance Administration / Office Work / HR
- Role: Worker
How to Apply
Go to www.nrc.no to apply online Deadline for application: 01/12/2016