Job Purpose / Objective: Working under the guidance and supervision of the Nutrition Supervisor, the emergency nurse will be directly responsible for;
- Carry out triage of patients including screening for acute malnutrition during the mobile outreaches in the sub-counties.
- Conduct consultation services to children and adults during the target mobile outreaches in the sub county in Turkana.
- Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with health conditions including children with severe acute malnutrition.
- Ensure essential services including deworming, Vitamin A supplementation and routine immunization services are provided to children under-fives during the outreaches.
- Initiate and facilitate patient referrals to the nearby health facilities including the County referral hospital for patients who require further management/inpatient care.
- Conduct Antenatal and post natal reviews for expectant mothers and lactating women during the integrated health and nutrition outreaches.
- Work closely with nutritionists and the health facility staff including CHEWs and CHVs in the targeted areas of response.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented in the patient’s cards.
- Conduct regular training session for CHEWs and CHVs on basic care/management of various health conditions and follow up of patients.
- Give health education to patients and clients during the outreaches.
- Compile and submit monthly reports on patients treated andreferrals
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of essential drugs/medical supplies
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Key Result Areas:
- Ability to provide integrated health services and work effectively with the entire outreach team.
- Ensure timely and quality health care services to target population during the mobile outreaches.
- Diploma in Nursing from KMTC or recognized nurse training institution
- Be registered and have a valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
Required Experience & Competencies:
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Experience in management of children with severe acute malnutrition and medical complications desirable.
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous emergency experience in a remote setting will be an added advantage).
- Fluency in Turkana will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online Deadline for receiving applications is 28th July, 2017 Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector. Disclaimer: Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: [email protected] or report to the nearest police. IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at [email protected] As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.