The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 30 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Develop tailored supply plans for each category and country. Establish long-term agreements with high-quality suppliers to reduce transactional work and receive better terms. Ensure all procurement is done through the supply chain team to eliminate “shadow” spend. Develop world-class partnerships with suppliers and other organizations.
The Senior Procurement Manager has the responsibility for the development and maintenance of strategic initiatives within assigned sourcing categories of responsibility. Specific responsibilities include development of category strategies, supplier negotiations, identification of cost saving opportunities and overall management of supplier relationships. A good proportion of the total category spend and suppliers will not be managed directly, however the senior procurement manager will need to consider the total spend within the strategy, provide support and oversight.
- Identify high spend regional categories for goods and services by collaborating with supply chain teams based within countries and regions
- Spearhead sourcing of various categories
- Demonstrate significant expertise in contract negotiations and cost management
- Develop category strategies
- Manage RFX, RFP process
- Lead strategic supplier relationship management to continually identify process improvements and cost reduction opportunities
- Maintain relationships with various business functions across the organization including legal, regional/country offices, marketing
- Well versed analysis of spend data and cost models for continuous improvement
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and track inventory levels
- Develop supplier score cards and other analytics to enable team to effectively manage supplier performance
- Complexity of categories and projects requires high quality project and program management skills and a proven ability to manage change both internally and externally
- Experience in sourcing both direct and indirect spend categories
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- 6-8 years of Procurement related experience preferably major part of that in indirect categories.
- Must have proven project management skills and experience, excellent communication skills, advanced influencing capabilities, the ability to analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to establish supplier specifications, measure conformance and identify process improvement opportunities that are defined in conjunction with internal customers is critical to this position
- Driven to meeting or exceeding milestones
- Ability to provide fact based advice and development of market and industry analysis
- Has advanced and proven knowledge of procurement industry cost structures and drivers
- Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word as well as experience implementing and using procurement systems
- Bachelor’s degree required
Working Environment: Standard office work environment. Regional travel 30%.
Sector: Supply Chain
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here