The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading agencies working in post-conflict and development contexts, supporting communities in over 42 fragile, failed and developing states. In this capacity, we work to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted, struggling to endure and wishing to advance on a path of development. The IRC works to aid in the development of societies in which people have the opportunity to realize their full potential and are supported by institutions and practices that are just, transparent, accountable, inclusive, and which promote and protect rights.
The purpose of this position is to support Kenya Urban Program based in Nairobi, in implementation of protection and livelihoods activities and it will serve to provide the candidate with skills and knowledge in program implementation and management preparing them for integration in the employment market.
Specifically the Protection and Livelihoods Intern who will report to the Program Manager will provide support through research assistance, administrative tasks and assisting in implementation of protection and livelihood activities.
- With the support of the Protection Officers, undertake capacity needs assessment of communities, government and other non-state actors.
- Work closely with the Livelihoods Officer and Assistant in monitoring beneficiaries accessing services in the program and addressing any challenges/difficulties that may arise.
- Working closely with beneficiaries and assisting to facilitate their meetings as a group and with their business mentors.
- Ensuring that the beneficiary database is up to date and that attendance sheets, logs, and reports from meetings are filed appropriately.
- Assist in attending meeting with livelihood beneficiaries in different locations in Nairobi
- Undertake administrative tasks in planning meetings with the beneficiaries and their business mentors, maintain records of all meetings and ensuring that background activities to support implementation are undertaken on time to facilitate the smooth running of livelihood activities especially for the life and business skills workshops.
- Other duties as shall be assigned by the supervisor.
From this internship the candidate will gain experience in refugee law, human trafficking, program implementation and knowledge of working at the community level and with high level partners.
Terms of Appointment
The internship period will be for six months full time in the offices of the Kenya Urban Program with field visits as required. The intern will be facilitated with a small stipend.
- The candidate should have a Bachelors level degree in international development, political science, law or a social science degree with excellent research, communication and writing skills. Someone who is detail oriented and takes initiative will be preferred.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and other benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here