IRC Finance Assistant NGO Kenyan Jobs 2017
Finance Assistant will be responsible for ensuring IRC systems and procedures of internal controls are followed when committing financial transactions in Kakuma and ensuring there is enough cash to implement the program activities
Finance Assistant Job Key Responsibilities
- Maintain petty cash at the set limit ensuring no cash shortage at all times.
- Ensure that all cash payments are fully supported and are authorized at set limits as per IRC Kenya delineation chart before disbursement.
- Prepare the petty cash upload spreadsheet to upload stage ready for review by Finance Officer before submission to Nairobi Finance
- Monitor and track cash advanced to program and support staff on a monthly basis ensuring that liquidation reports are prepared and correction journals raised ready for review by finance officer
- Incentives payments after receiving correctly coded and approved incentives staff payrolls from finance officer
- Perform supervised petty cash counts every Friday
- Ensure that all cash received is duly receipted, coded and promptly banked
- Prepare all check disbursement vouchers. Ensure the payment is fully supported and duly authorized per the authorized delineation chart before writing the check
- Ensure that once checks are signed they are collected by vendors and signed for proper identification of the person collecting and details indicated in the checks release register
- Assist in preparation of bank reconciliation statement on a monthly basis for Kakuma bank account
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications for the Finance Assistant Job
- O’ Level (Secondary Education)
- CPA II qualification
- At least three years of finance and accounting experience in a similar post
- Knowledge of fund accounting, procurement and financial management of US and UN cooperative agreements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Supportive personnel management style and ability to work in and as a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage
How to Apply
IRC Information Management & M&E NGO Jobs Kenya 2017
IRC is focused on encouraging the ability to become self-sufficient, particularly where livelihoods are concerned, for survivors of SGBV, youth, refugees preparing for repatriation, and other marginalized groups.
Information Management & M&E Job Specific Responsibilities
Data Collection and Analysis
- Support data gathering and collection activities, to include:
- Creation of electronic surveys using open source tools like ODK Collect
- Staff training on use of mobile data collection tablets and surveying
- Assisting center staff in approaches to surveying clients at the center and also remotely, providing guidance and feedback on survey data collection.
- Support survey development to respond to program monitoring, reporting and learning needs, monitor the quality of data collection, and provide additional guidance to staff after reviewing collected data.
- Run system based reports to provide program staff and management with updated program statistics on clients registered and by activity that are dis-aggregated by sex, age, nationality and location.
- Manage the CommCare application used for program data storage and analysis, suggesting needed modifications and updates with the support of the ERD Technical Unit and management
- Train program and center staff on CommCare and entering and using system data
- Troubleshoot any issues with data uploads and synching, and work with program staff to ensure high quality survey data and understanding of data collection procedures
- Coordinate with Information Technology staff as needed on system requirements and needs
Human Resources Management
- Directly supervise incentive staff workers supporting data collection and analysis.
- Set specific goals and expectations and provide regular, positive and constructive feedback to direct reports
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions
Qualifications for the Information Management & M&E Job
- Bachelor degree in information science, computer engineering, research, program management or similar field
- At least two years of experience managing data collection and analysis, with experience with or concrete knowledge of open source tools such as ODK collect, KoBo Toolbox, platforms such as Ona and customer relationship management (CRM) software such as CommCare or other similar platforms.
- Experience training staff on the use of technologies including translating technical terms into common language.
- Demonstrated experience and capacity in reporting, monitoring and evaluation, and using technology and mobile data collection to improve approaches.
- Experience in humanitarian, non-profit or community engagement sectors preferred
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Personal qualities: promotes collaboration and coordination within and across teams, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, extremely flexible and adaptable, ability to contribute across multiple activities and departments.
- Fluency in English required
How to Apply
20 Feb 2017
IRC Laboratory Technologist NGO Jobs in Kenya 2017
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Laboratory Technologist
Laboratory Technologist Job Responsibilities
- Perform Laboratory investigations as per clinician’s request and ensure accurate, reliable and timely results.
- Maintain order and smooth flow of patients.
- Supervise the Kenyan and refugee incentive staff.
- Participate in in-service training and regular on bench refresher courses for Kenyan and refugee staff.
- Ensure that all relevant records are updated and maintained.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of laboratory reagents.
- Maintain Laboratory machines in good order- cleaning and covering after use.
- Ensure general laboratory cleanliness is maintained.
- Report any unusual statistics or observations to the laboratory in-charge.
Ensure SOP’S are used at all times.
- Ensuring safety procedures in the laboratory are maintained.
- Preparing of stains, reagents and solutions necessary for all lab tests.
- Participate in the department planning and forecasting of laboratory supplies.
Human Resource Management
- Monitoring and supervision of the laboratory incentive staff; to ensure that work is done properly and efficiently.
- Routinely monitor incentive staff performance according to their job description.
- With the HR field office review personnel issues and concerns of incentive laboratory staff and assist with determining and implementing solutions
- Conduct regular training sessions (OJT and refresher trainings) for refugee staff.
Communication and Reporting
- Ensure all laboratory reports are done on time and sent to HIS, CSM and other offices as may be indicated.
- Notify your supervisor and CSM on all investigations above the positive threshold.
- Report any laboratory incidents to the senior lab technologist.
Required Qualifications for the Laboratory Technologist Job
- Diploma in medical laboratory sciences.
- MUST be registered by KMLTTB
- At least 2 years experience working in a busy Microbiology laboratory
- Computer literate
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a Camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply