Nurse Job at International Rescue Committee
From emergency response through post-conflict development work, in a great variety of roles around the world, the International Rescue Committee’s 8,000-plus staff is a force for humanity and hope. If you’re skilled and passionate, we’d like to add your energy to ours.
Careers at the IRC are as wide-ranging and far-reaching as our work. Encouraging staff development through promotion, transfer and rehire, the IRC nurtures long-term career paths and helps employees grow within the organization.
At any given moment, on any given day, all around the world, IRC staff members are restlessly and effectively working for the sake of the most vulnerable among us—to restore and renew hope, dignity and freedom.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Nutrition Supervisor, the emergency nurse will be directly responsible for;
Nurse Job Responsibilities
- Carry out triage of patients including screening for acute malnutrition during the mobile outreaches in the sub-counties.
- Conduct consultation services to children and adults during the target mobile outreaches in the sub county in Turkana.
- Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with health conditions including children with severe acute malnutrition.
- Ensure essential services including deworming, Vitamin A supplementation and routine immunization services are provided to children under-fives during the outreaches.
- Initiate and facilitate patient referrals to the nearby health facilities including the County referral hospital for patients who require further management/inpatient care.
- Conduct Antenatal and post natal reviews for expectant mothers and lactating women during the integrated health and nutrition outreaches.
- Work closely with nutritionists and the health facility staff including CHEWs and CHVs in the targeted areas of response.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented in the patient’s cards.
- Conduct regular training session for CHEWs and CHVs on basic care/management of various health conditions and follow up of patients.
- Give health education to patients and clients during the outreaches.
- Compile and submit monthly reports on patients treated andreferrals
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of essential drugs/medical supplies
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications for the Nurse Job
- Diploma in Nursing from KMTC or recognized nurse training institution
- Be registered and have a valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Experience in management of children with severe acute malnutrition and medical complications desirable.
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous emergency experience in a remote setting will be an added advantage).
- Fluency in Turkana will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Apply here for Nurse NGO Jobs in Lodwar
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th May, 2017