Nutritionist Job at IRC
From emergency response through post-conflict development work, in a great variety of roles around the world, the International Rescue Committee’s 8,000-plus staff is a force for humanity and hope. If you’re skilled and passionate, we’d like to add your energy to ours.
Careers at the IRC are as wide-ranging and far-reaching as our work. Encouraging staff development through promotion, transfer and rehire, the IRC nurtures long-term career paths and helps employees grow within the organization.
At any given moment, on any given day, all around the world, IRC staff members are restlessly and effectively working for the sake of the most vulnerable among us—to restore and renew hope, dignity and freedom.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Working under the guidance and supervision of the emergency Nutrition Officer. As the outreach team leader the Nutritionist will be directly responsible for the day to day implementation planning and team coordination of the emergency nutrition outreach teams. Under the guidance of the officer and the manager the nutritionist will lead the outreach teams in the implementation of:
Integrated outreach models i.e. IMAM done by running of selective feeding program, blanket supplementary feeding programs, nutrition surveillance & assessments including. Mass MUAC screenings promotion of mother infant and young child nutrition (MIYCN) through the community health volunteers. He/she will be responsible for day to day data compilation, team planning and coordination.
Nutritionist Job Responsibilities
- As the team leader of the outreach teams the nutritionist is expected to ensure Implemention the emergency nutrition response in the selected location while ensuring adherence to the stipulated protocol.
- Implement and supervise the supplementary feeding of the moderately malnourished under-fives, pregnant/lactating mothers
- Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) activities are implemented successfully.
- Implement comprehensive maternal infant and young child nutrition program (MIYCN) Baby Friendly Community initiative (BFCI) approaches.
- Train and mentor the emergency response team members including the CHEWs and CHVs who are MOH staff through identification of capacity gaps and carrying out refresher trainings and on the job trainings.
- Plan and conduct trainings on Growth Monitoring Promotion (GMP), IMAM and MIYCN to other mainstream health professionals.
- Collect and report on nutrition data both performance and commodity utilization
- Ensure outreach teams adhere to IRC security protocols
- Offer nutrition support through counseling to individuals with medical conditions including Comprehensive Care Clinic clients.
- conduct mass MUAC screening for children underfives regularly in collaboration with the Community Health volunteers
- Compile and submit donor and IRC Nutrition Program weekly, biweekly and monthly reports of all the activities implemented, as well prepare food requisitions.
- Lease with Supply Chain Department in logistical Program Supplies procurement and Monitoring Supply control
- Stock monitoring of various commodities
- Support MOH on DQAs
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements for the Nutritionist Job
- Hold a Diploma in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized University.
- Must be a registered nutrition or dietitian by KNDI.
- Minimum 1years’ work experience in emergency community nutrition and implementation
- Experience/ understanding of maternal infant and young child nutrition with strong BFHI & BFCI approaches
- Experience in nutrition survey and assessments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong report writing and team working skills
- Knowledge in computer packages and basic analysis skills
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage)
- Flexible and positive personality
- Strong planning and implementation capacity
- Confident and capable negotiator, communicator and networker.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Nutritionist Job