Research & Policy Analyst Job at IRC
The IRC’s East Africa region consists of some of the world’s most complex ongoing crises – South Sudan, Yemen, and Somalia – as well as the neighboring countries most-impacted by the conflict and natural disaster induced migration caused by these crises – Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda. Zimbabwe, which is an increasingly fragile state, is also part of this dynamic region. Given its regional footprint, IRC is at the forefront in tackling the complex humanitarian issues affecting the region.
IRC serves as co-chair to the Regional Durable Solutions Secretariat (ReDSS) based out of Nairobi, Kenya. IRC is also member to the global Solutions Alliance, based out of Geneva, and has been a founding member of the Solutions Alliance Somalia, of which we are participant to the Steering Committee. IRC is an active participant in fora of the Interagency Working Group (IAWG) and other regional refugee and emergency response working groups in Nairobi.
The Research and Policy Analyst is a member of the IRC’s East Africa regional advocacy team. The purpose of this team is to support IRC’s country teams and partners in the region to influence humanitarian, displacement and refugee policies in the region.
Research & Policy Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Contributes to the definition of research and policy analysis priorities. Works with country teams to identify trends and indicators on the status of durable solutions, and how to translate these into research questions.
- Originates research proposals and works with technical advisors, consultants, and country teams to develop appropriate research methodologies and standards.
- Organizes and takes part in field research and other missions involving information-gathering, fact-finding, analysis, and assessment of humanitarian and displacement situations.
- Creates opportunities for engagement of stakeholders in the review and validation of research findings, thereby ensuring participation and inclusion.
- Plays an active role in the drafting of research reports and other publications, and coordinates inputs and reviews by appropriate technical teams.
- Contributes to the identification of advocacy priorities based on research findings and recommendations, to support the development of effective advocacy strategies.
Requirements for the Research & Policy Analyst Job
- At least three years of experience in delivering advocacy and policy analysis to complex humanitarian crises and post-conflict environments;
- At least five years of professional experience in humanitarian affairs; protection; refugee affairs; and international human rights;
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to apply innovative thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent analytical, presentation, communication, and writing skills;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential;
- Must be willing to travel to remote sites under challenging conditions;
- Ability to work well in unstable security environments, and under significant administrative and programmatic pressures.
- Position reports to Regional Advocacy Coordinator for East Africa
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IRC&rid=15293&cws=1