Impact Research and Development Organization (IRDO) is a registered Kenyan NGO with a head office in Kisumu and regional offices in ten counties.
IRDO’s principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS research and intervention programs that improve the health status of individuals and local communities.
We are looking for qualified and experienced personnel to fill in the following position;
Position Name: Administrative Assistant to the Director
Position Description: Reporting to the Director, this position will oversee administrative duties in the director’s office, including organizing the daily, weekly and monthly diary and overseeing IRB processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field, obtained in the previous 3 or more years (Masters Degree is an added advantage).
- Documented evidence of training as a Personal Assistant, logistician or relevant field.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position in a busy office, preferably with a research portfolio.
- Experience in handling research ethics processes highly recommended.
- Excellent organizational and logistical skills.
- Competency in computer applications.
- Ability to multi-task and strict with timelines.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Keep the Director’s office and files orderly
- Keep the Director’s diary to ensure no overlap and all logistics are in place in time.
- Make Director’s travel plans and prepare all associated documents and arrangements in time.
- Keep staff informed, in advance, of Director’s engagements that affect their operations.
- Work with the Research Office to keep track of IRB submissions.
- Plan for and write minutes of meetings by the Board of Governors.
- Conduct literature search and where possible, draft reports and applications.
How to Apply
Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and other testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 15th April 2016 indicating your current and expected salary.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Human Resource Manager, Impact Research and Development Organization, P. O. Box 9171 – 40141, Kisumu, Kenya.