Qualitative Data Analyst
Job summary: Reporting to the Head of Research, the holder of this position will support qualitative analysis of ongoing research data.
S/he will also take leadership in research using qualitative methods such as Focus Groups, In-depth interviews, Key Informant Interviews, Ethnography, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences with evidence of advanced training in data analysis; Master’s degree an added advantage
- Knowledge of qualitative data analysis methodology; at least 2 years’ experience with qualitative data analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with at least one qualitative software
- Co-author of at least 2 publications in a peer refereed journal
- Assist in the design and development of research projects, specifically qualitative research methodology, tools development and implementation
- Train research assistants and enumerators on collecting and transcribing qualitative data
- Supervise fieldwork as required
- Analyze qualitative data using softwares such as Atlas.ti, NVivo, etc
How to Apply
Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 28th April 2016. The Human Resources Manager, Impact Research and Development Organization P. O. Box 9171 – 40141 Kisumu.