Impact Research and Development Organization (IRDO) is a registered Kenyan NGO with a main office in Kisumu and regional offices in 10 counties of Kenya.
IRDO’s principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS research and intervention programs that improve the health status of individuals and local communities.
IRDO is currently funded by Kenya Red Cross Society through Global Fund Round 10 HIV/AIDS Project to implement HIV prevention, care and treatment services that target PLHIV, key populations, and expectant mothers, etc. in Homabay and Kisii counties.
We are looking for qualified and experienced personnel to fill in the following position from October 2015.
Job Summary: To provide overall oversight and coordinate the implementation of the HIV Prevention Interventions in selected sub-counties. Successful candidate will coordinate the above Project.
Reports to: The Programs Manager
Location: Based in Homabay Sub-county, with frequent field visits to, Rachuonyo South, Kasipul, Kabondo-Kasipul, Suba, Mbita, Ndhiwa, Rangwe, Homabay, and Kisii Central sub-counties.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop up-date and oversee the implementation of Project Work Plans.
- Ensure that Project activities are carried out according to the laid down guidelines.
- Ensure that correct information is relayed to clients and other stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Serve as a liaison person between the IRDO, staff, clients and the general community.
- Prepare and submit progress reports at required intervals; present at meetings and workshops.
- Work with Programs Manager to oversee staff orientation, supervision, training and performance.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- Must have at least a Bachelors degree in Social Sciences or health related field
- Must have 3 years supervisory experience in HIV prevention programs, preferably in a busy NGO.
- Experience with Global Fund HIV/AIDS projects is an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task;
- excellent writing and presentation skills;
- excellent communication skills and teamwork;
- can work long hours, including weekends and public holidays when necessary;
- proficient in Microsoft Office packages;
- experience with stakeholder management
How to Apply
Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 26th August 2015.
The Human Resources Manager Impact Research and Development Organization P. O. Box 9171 – 40141,
email: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.