Islamic Relief – Kenya
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reporting To: Finance Officer
Staff Reporting: None
Matrix Management: Kenya Program
Base Location: Mandera, Wajir and Dadaab
Islamic Relief: Established in 1984 in the UK, Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities.
We aim to help the needy regardless of race, religion or gender. Through working in chronic food deficit areas and in the most disadvantaged areas, IRK has ensured that its programmes target those who are most vulnerable in the most disadvantaged areas.
These programmes include Health and nutrition, Water and Sanitation, livelihoods, Child-welfare and other special programmes (Qurbani and Ramadhan).
Division / Purpose:
International Programme Department is:
To contribute to the process of global poverty alleviation and
Strengthen Islamic Relief (IR) global work through the provision of technical support in cooperation with regional desks and support units.
Department / Purpose:
Kenya program is:
- To contribute to the poverty alleviation in Kenya and
- To strengthen IR Kenya office through the provision of technical and managerial support.
- Job Purpose: To assist in finance related tasks in line with agreed and accepted IR financial practices and procedures.
Key Objectives: To maintain the petty cash, prepare vouchers, record transactions and petty cash reconciliation, get approval and maintain filing.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Preparation of and vouching of transaction supporting documentations as required by Islamic Relief procedures.
- Writing of cheques
- Issuing cheques to suppliers.
- Ensure all transactions are adequately supported prior to payment.
- Ensure that all vouchers are well approved
- Reconciling Banks for Nairobi Office and also keep updated record for all the field offices bank accounts.
- Recording of petty cash transactions and cash book maintenance. Ensure reconciliation of the petty cash balance daily and to get it approved by the finance officer.
- Recording Incomes from the Headquarters and updating the HQ portal online.
- Maintenance of the financial filing, and ensuring that copies are maintained at the end of each project and ensuring adequate archiving.
- Perform any other duties as requested by his/her line manager subject to comply and not conflict with the above.
- Ensure that all necessary documents are appropriately filled.
How to Apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications and experience.
Your application should also include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts.
The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Send your applications to [email protected], by Friday 09 October, 2015.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.