Job Title: IT Assistant
Organisation: Population Secretariat (POPSEC)
Reports to: Head, Finance and Administration
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Population Secretariat (POPSEC) is mandated to carry-out promotion, co-ordination, Advocacy, Monitoring and Evaluation of the implementation of population programmes and activities in Uganda.
Job Summary: The IT Assistant will be in charge of the configuration, implementation and maintenance of IT equipment in the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• In charge of installing, maintaining and repairing hardware and software.
• Testing and evaluating new technology and supporting new applications and users.
• Implement network security measures to protect data software and hardware.
• Regularly troubleshoot computer hardware/ software and network problems
• Conduct periodic maintenance of the secretariat’s work stations
• Render support in the Specification of requirements for IT equipment to be procured
• In charge of the configuration of Local area network(LAN) and the Wide area Network (WAN)
• Basic maintenance of the mail server with outlook express for all users.
• Website maintenance which will include regular updating of the website with current information about population issues.
• Perform any other IT related work as assigned by the Head, Finance and Administration.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The IT Assistant should preferably hold a Bsc. Computer Science or related field.
• Professional IT Certifications i.e. MCSA/MCSE and CCNAwill be an added advantage.
• At least two years of IT –related experience in providing all round technical support
• Previous experience with windows server 2008/12 environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of computer hardware and software
• Good knowledge of computer networking
• Prior experience in mail server maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Age: Below 35 years of age.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letters including up to date CV and photocopies of certificates stating three referees addressed to:
The Ag. Director Population Secretariat,
Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development Statistics House (2nd Floor),
Plot 9 Colville Street, P.O. Box 2666, Kampala. Uganda
Attn. Head Finance and Administration.
Deadline: 11th September 2015.