Global Communities in Rwanda is implementing a five year (2011-2016) Integrated Improved Livelihoods Program (IILP) locally known as Ejo Heza “Brighter Future” and funded under the USAID Feed the Future Initiative. The program aims to improve livelihoods of Rwanda’s very poor in rural areas, particularly women, through expansion of responsible and appropriate access to finance and markets, increased economic opportunities and incomes, a focus on financial literacy and enhanced food consumption.
About the Opportunity
Global Communities seeks an IT Officer to support the Integrated Improved Livelihoods Program (IILP) locally known as Ejo Heza.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The IT Officer provides technical support for the administrative and program staff in all that pertains to internet/intranet and communication technology devices used in the office. The main duties are:
1. Implements and administers technologies and processes that ensures the reliability, efficiency, and availability of the production environment.
• Maximizes system utilization. Ensures sufficient capacity.
• Administers system backups. Ensures data availability and recoverability.
• Conducts performance reviews on platforms and implements tuning changes.
• Administers the operating systems, database, network software and interfaces.
• Initiates and maintains systems, network and storage management.
1. Ensures the consistent quality of services is provided to customers
• Receives and responds to support requests. Documents incidents, interaction, and solution within Service Desk application. Communicates status of problems to customers.
• Monitors and manages group and individual queues and distributes Service Desk tickets.
1. Installs, maintains and Perform hardware and software diagnostics and support on PC laptops, printers, and other peripherals. Maintains hardware and software inventory.
2. Provides support/guidance on the maintenance, repair, and procurement of hardware and software devices for the office.
3. Provides staff with basic training on the use of any new software or technology device adopted by the office.
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all duties on the projects. Global Communities reserves the right to change and update the position descriptions at any time.
• Good knowledge of servers, emerging technological devices (tablet and android applications)
• Commitment to respond promptly to the IT needs of the office
• Proven experience in networking, active directory, computer hardware and software
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE.
• Rwandan National
• Bachelor’s degree in ICT or related course and three years relevant working experience or a diploma in ICT/related course and five years relevant working experience.
• At least two years’ experience administrating domain infrastructure, backup and server management.
• Certification from a recognized ICT training institute.
• Prior experience working with an INGO.
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda.
• Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
• Demonstrated customer service skills.
• Demonstrated computer and typing skills; Excel and WinWord skills are essential.
Note: this position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to read and complete very carefully the following application form available on http://surveys.jobinrwanda.com/index.php?sid=72375&newtest=Y&lang=en
Deadline for submission of application is Friday 11, 09,2015 no later than 2 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.