Our Client is in the IT Industry currently recruiting a Business Development Manager.
The manager is responsible for selling Managed Services, Partner / Vendor Solutions, and Managed IT Support SMB & SME clients.
This person is responsible for prospecting new business, cultivating leads, and cross selling across the portfolio of products and services.
The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment is crucial to success in the position.
The Manager will work in collaboration with internal resources as the opportunity matures through the sales cycle.
The Manager must have an ability to understand the big picture and successfully position solution strategies, product demonstrations and presentations appropriately.
Proven services sales success is a must and telecommunication or technology sales experience is preferred.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop new leads and prospect for new business in manages IT services.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master and sell current and emerging Managed IT Services.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales objectives and monthly revenue quotas.
- Maintain existing accounts and build new revenue within account base through sale of complementary services.
- Build a pipeline of valid sales opportunities within specified geographic region.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and qualify other solutions within the product portfolio.
- Must be a team player, with a strong desire to over-achieve.
- Develop and manage sales funnel CRM system to analyse and manage activity and provide accurate and detailed forecasts of identified and proposed opportunities.
- Continue to train and develop knowledge of new technologies and selling points, including enhancing expertise in areas of Managed Services, Cloud Services and related technologies.
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, and competitors.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- College Degree in IT or related training and/or Business Degree with a strong bias to technology services sales. Relevant Technology Certifications will be a plus.
- MBA in marketing will be added advantage
- Strong desire to overachieve
- Must be a self-starter
- Minimum 2 years successfully proven technology or services sales experience.
- The ability to prospect for and create a book of managed services business.
- Proven ability to listen, extrapolate information and leverage resources to effectively provide solutions to meet customer/prospect needs.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation, qualifying, closing and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Able to ascertain critical client business issues and match needs with available solutions.
- Possess total account awareness. Ability to work closely with other field sales resources to ensure total account opportunity is capitalized on.
- Can position products in feature, function, and benefit/value.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships throughout account life cycle.
- Experienced in managing internal resources necessary to support complex customer/prospect needs arising during sales process.
- Experienced in front of “C” level buyers.
- Successful track record penetrating accounts and selling after the first sale.
- Basic knowledge of business administration and the financial decision process.
- Must be able to make initial “cold” contact phone calls.
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure, quota-driven sales environment.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to manage high levels of internal/external, in/out bound e-mail correspondence.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and effectively use time and resources.
- Experience in Excel, Word, and CRM system will be required to generate reports, correspondence, and manage sales activity.
- Must be organized, able to multi-task and willing to travel.
How to Apply
If you feel you fit the above role, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to [email protected] N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted