Position: IT Support Intern
In this position, you will work directly with an IT Support team providing first / second level inbound telephone / desk-side support for basic IT issues and some second-level troubleshooting of client / server & network issues for accounts, departments and clients.
You will create and manage technical support tickets and service desk escalations, service desk communication, update technical documentation on customer installations and provide support in the daily review & analysis of job summary reports.
You will provide daily maintenance, management, and remediation of automated system monitoring alerts, always with a friendly customer-service oriented approach.
Our ideal candidate will be a solution-oriented individual who can thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment while maintaining a professional and composed demeanor.
He/ She will utilize their exceptional active listening, critical thinking and communication skills to resolve client issues while promoting the organization’s IT brand as a client-centric, full-service technology provider.
KPIs will be formulated and measured against the following responsibilities:
- Offer 1st level of user support and assign or escalate tickets to higher levels issues requiring further attention based on requirements
- Manage Desktop Support functions for all internal clients ensuring that service requests are effectively responded to, updated regularly and satisfactorily resolved
- Monitor ticket closure, pending and overdue service requests
- Report on operational service performance and issues relating to quality
- Proactively review desktop technical processes, provisions and supplies
- Keep safe equipment passwords and materials under IT security policies
- Update inventory records for IT equipment Internally promote and champion best practice in all technical areas covered by the IT Service Desk
- Assist in the analysis, installation, maintenance and upgrade of computer software and hardware.
- Ensure that all aspects of services are delivered in a timely and efficient manner
- Propose and indicate areas requiring attention and make recommendations where necessary.
- This position requires the selected candidate to work weekends, various shifts and holidays
Qualifications / Experience
It is expected with limited supervision the candidate will be able to deliver each of the key objectives of the roles and responsibilities identified above.
It is therefore expected that he or she will have:
- Degree level education in computer engineering or Information Technology
- Excellent IT knowledge.
- Prior experience in A+, windows based systems, networking, programming is an added advantage
- Experience in telephony infrastructure is an added advantage
- Excellent communication and client facing skills with capability to deal with members of staff at all levels
- Appreciation of a 24X7 global operation and associated responsibilities
- Professional certifications in A+, Microsoft MCSE and/or Cisco CCNA an advantage.
Type of Person
- Highly self-motivated with superior organization and coordination skills
- Enthusiasm and drive to commit to and deliver service quality
- Ability to take on responsibility
- Enjoys resolving problems and user interaction
- Desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
How to Apply
If you believe this is an exciting and challenging opportunity for you; kindly send in your applications through [email protected] OR log into our recruitment portal and apply online through this link http://10.14.12.14/index.php clearly indicating the position on the subject line.
All applications should reach us by 30th September, 2015.