Jacaranda Health is designing the future of maternity care for the patients who need it most.
We envision a world where all women and their new-borns have access to high-quality, respectful, and affordable healthcare.
Our mission is to make pregnancy and childbirth safer by transforming maternal healthcare in Kenya, and throughout East Africa.
We own and operate high-quality, low-cost maternity hospitals in Nairobi, which have been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
Since 2012, we have provided high-quality maternal health care to over 17,500 women and have delivered more than 2,225 babies at our facilities. We also work to build partnerships among maternal health providers – including high volume public hospitals – to replicate the systems and best practices we develop, and set new standards of care in the region.
We are seeking a passionate social media intern to join our dynamic team. We are looking for someone highly-motivated and willing to take a lot of initiative. You will be working with our global marketing/communications team and will be largely be responsible for helping us grow and manage our digital presence.
- Work with the team to capture and communicate stories from the field – in a variety of creative formats – from blogs, social media, photos, etc.
- Create and curate compelling daily content for Jacaranda’s Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin account.
- Develop story ideas and prepare written content for website, electronic newsletters, and collateral materials
- Coordinate logistics and assist in onsite management of photography/video shoots for social media purposes
- Support the day-to-day management of Jacaranda’s social media platforms, including daily monitoring and responding to clients questions and comments via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Influencer outreach –Research bloggers and social media influencers, develop unique pitch angles and reach out via email
- Analyze social media channel activity, make recommendations for improvements and create monthly analytics reports
- Monitor emerging Social Media tools, trends and applications
- Graphic design support for social media platforms
- A diploma in marketing. Degree/undergraduate an added advantage.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work independently as well as participating in a team of professionals
- Good command of English
- Computer literacy, and proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas on mainstream social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Preferred knowledge of social media monitoring and measurement technologies, such as Hootsuite or SproutSocial.
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
10-15 hours/week for 3 months
- Small monthly stipend to cover mobile data bundles and travel expenses
- Practical experience managing social media for a growing company
- Helping to build a brand that ensures women get high-quality and affordable maternity care
- Social media trainings to learn best practices and tools
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain:
- Why the role appeals to you and why you would be a good fit
- How you might approach social media influencers in order to build brand awareness for Jacaranda Health
- How you might use social media to engage new and existing clients of Jacaranda
- Please share your personal social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
Please send your application with three references via email to [email protected] with Social Media Specialist Internship as the Email Subject by 28th February 2017. Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.