Ensure adherence to set school teaching and curriculum completions well as observe highest level of operating standards and ensure the school benchmarks against the best in region schools.
Responsibilities for the Head Teacher Job
- Ensure compliance to and implementation of recommendations from the Ministry of Education;
- Ensure syllabus for all lower classes is covered.
- Manages and ensures the pre-school teachers meet their set performance target;
- Conducts objective quarterly performance appraisals for all direct reports and guided by the school’s performance policy;
- Attends to parents and school guests and attends to all the queries or concerns they might have to the extent of his/her role.
- Tasked with ensuring proper discipline is enforced in pre-school and ensuring it is being carried our as per school policy
- Manage and ensure proper delivery of duties by the support staff
- Be conversant with current early childhood theory and practices and have the ability to communicate this knowledge, deliver high quality early childhood education & model appropriate and teaching strategies and articulate their teaching philosophy and the theories on which it is based.
- Demonstrate a high level of quality interaction with children and the programmes demonstrate a genuine understanding of children as competent and confident learners.
- Work and communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and caregivers and their children. Demonstrate a range of appropriate communication skills to develop a professional working relationship with teachers, parents and caregivers and children.
- Steps in for the administrator in case of absence
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical mental and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music and storytelling.
Qualifications for the Head Teacher Job
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good command of English
- Highly organized, punctual and responsible
- Excellent computer skills
- Leadership skills
- Head teacher Jobs Qualifications
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development advantage.
- At least 3 years professional experience as a qualified Head teacher.
- First Aid knowledge
- Computer literacy
How to Apply
This job is only available to registered candidates, and if qualified and want to register send your CV to [email protected] with the title ‘Head Teacher’