Our client a hospital is seeking to recruit laboratory Technologists to join their dedicated team.
The position holder will report to the Group Finance Officer. The individual will generally be responsible for processing invoices and issuing payments to all the suppliers.
Payables Accountant Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and of all expenses and resulting payables (Trade, Other and Doctors payables) account balances owed.
- Timely and accurate preparation of weekly and monthly Trade, Other and Doctors payables aging reports for circulation to Senior Management Team.
- Ensuring daily posting of all trade and doctors expense invoices /fee notes and maintenance of the required supporting documents (LPO, delivery notes, invoices, credit notes etc.).
- Ensuring posting of petty cash and cash revenue expenditures from all branches.
- Preparation of payment vouchers and supporting documentation for payments authorization and cheque signing.
- Weekly and monthly preparation and reconciliation of the weeks/monthly 6% and 10% withholding VAT expenses summary and submission of the same in hard and soft copy to the Group Chief Accountant.
- Ensure weekly and monthly preparation and circulation of other and doctors payables aging to SMT to monitor the company payables situation.
- Ensure daily allocation of payments made to suppliers and credit notes from suppliers to ensure daily accurate status of amounts owed to suppliers and doctors.
- Ensure monthly supplier and doctor reconciliation of the individual payables account to the supplier/doctors statements as obtained from them and submission of a summary report on the same complete with manual file.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of all trade and doctors payables Navision GLs to the TB and to the trade and doctors aging and ensure resolution of any variances in compliance with closing procedures.
- Providing up to date and accurate monthly prepayments schedules.
- Providing up to date and accurate accruals schedules.
- Accurate posting of monthly recurring journals for – accruals, prepayments, provision for bad debts, provision for audit, tax and legal fees.
- Monthly posting of expenses analysis report following the Monthly Accounts expenses reporting lines/classifications.
- Monitoring supplier aging situation and maintenance of up to date court mandated and legal demand communications and status-both hard copy and soft scanned copies to be maintained.
- Liaising with the Treasury Accountant and proposing suppliers /doctors for payment based on developing circumstances and recent liaison with the supplier/doctor.
- Regularly making contact with supplier and doctors to ensure managed in situations of delayed payments and to sustain the relationships.
Qualifications for the Payables Accountant Job
- K.C.S.E mean grade of C+ and above
- CPA K
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts/Business related course.
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch, experience with Navision is an added advantage
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings
How to Apply
If qualified, kindly send your CV to [email protected] clearly indicating ‘Payables Account’ on the subject line by 13th July 2017. DO NOT attach any certificates.